Balancing Pitta Dosha – Green Beans with Ginger
Try balancing pitta dosha with this green beans with ginger recipe.
- 3 cups green beans (cut into ½-inch pieces)
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons (tbsp.) ghee
How To Make Ghee
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- ½ tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- A pinch of hing (asafetida)
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice
*These measurements are only a suggested guide. Please customize any recipe to use more or less to suit your personal needs.
How To Prepare This Dish:
- Add green beans and a pinch of salt to boiling water and stir.
- Cook to preferred tenderness, then turn off the heat.
- Pour green beans into a strainer and place the pan back onto the warm stovetop
- Add the ghee and the mustard seeds into the warm pan and allow the ghee to melt.
- The mustard seeds should begin to pop, then add the ginger, turmeric powder, and hing.
- Once the fragrant aroma begins to fill the room, carefully pour the green beans back into the pan, salt to taste, and give them a quick stir.
- Finish with a tiny splash of lemon juice over top & enjoy!
Explore Infused Recipes
For Cannabis Patients:
Interested in better nutrition, but specifically looking for canna-infused meals? Try out some of the recipes in the Cannabis-Infused Recipes section of our blog!