How To Make Cannabis-Infused Olive Oil
Patients can enjoy cannabis-infused olive oil in so many ways.
Whether it’s for light cooking, adding to flavorful dishes, as a base ingredient, or for skin care – olive oil doesn’t seem to disappoint.
It’s loaded with beneficial fatty acids and powerful antioxidants too.
Below is a simple recipe for making your infused olive oil.
For Those Following Ayurveda: Olive oil is great for balancing Vata and Pitta dosha. However, Kapha dosha should limit or avoid using olive oil and opt for other options like infused ghee or sunflower oil instead.
- 7g – 1 oz ground and decarboxylated Cannabis or Hemp flower
- 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (organic is recommended)
*These measurements are only a suggested guide. Please customize any recipe to use more or less plant material to suit your personal medicinal needs.
A Note On Decarboxylation
Although raw cannabinoids have their own valuable medicinal qualities, without decarbing the flower or plant material for the infusion, cannabinoids (like THCA, and CBDA) will likely remain in their inactive acid states.
When infusing recipes, you may want to take the extra step of decarboxylation first, especially if you want the activated form of CBD or (the psychoactive effects) of your THC meds to be present.
Note: You can skip the decarboxylation process if you only want the raw cannabinoid benefits without THC/CBD activation.
How To Prepare:
- Gently simmer water in a large pot.
- Add olive oil and cannabis to a glass or metal bowl placed on top of the water in the pot.
- Simmer for 3-4 hrs, refill water as necessary.
- Allow to cool and strain the oil into a glass jar & seal with a lid.
(cheesecloth works well)
- Leftover material can be used to make quite a good knock-out tea or it can be discarded.