Creamy Sweet Potato Bisque
Have a bowl of warm and nourishing sweet potato bisque to help pacify Vata dosha this fall season.
- 3–3 1/2 cups water or organic broth
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons organic sunflower oil
- 3/4 cup milk (dairy-free, such as almond or oat milk)
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Walnuts, (chopped)
*These measurements are only a suggested guide. Please customize any recipe to use more or less to suit your personal needs.
How To Prepare This Dish:
- In a pot, add enough water or broth of choice to cover the sweet potatoes. Bring them to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer and cover.
- Allow to cook for approximately 20 to 25 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Warm the sunflower oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add the diced onions, garlic, and ginger herbs and the spices and stir.
- Finally, add the sweet potato and cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked through, blend all the ingredients together in a blender.
- If using a regular blender, return the soup to the original saucepan to reheat on low.
- Add milk, and stir well.
- Add salt to taste and top with chopped walnuts.
Explore Infused Recipes
For Cannabis Patients:
Interested in better nutrition, but specifically looking for canna-infused meals? Try out some of the recipes in the Cannabis-Infused Recipes section of our blog!