Infused Creamy Sweet Potato Bisque
Looking for an infused version of that warm and nourishing, creamy sweet potato bisque? Here ya go.
- 3–3 1/2 cups water or organic broth
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cannabis-infused organic sunflower oil or infused olive oil
- 3/4 cup milk (dairy-free, such as almond or oat milk)
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Walnuts, (chopped)
*These measurements are only a suggested guide. Please customize any recipe to use more or less to suit your personal needs.
Before You Begin
Before you begin: If you are infusing your recipe, you’ll need to decide if you want to use hemp flower for more CBD effects or cannabis flower for more THC effects during decarboxylation.
No worries, as in all infused recipes, you can use either of them or a bit of both if it suits you!
How To Prepare This Dish:
- In a pot, add enough water or broth of choice to cover the sweet potatoes. Bring them to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer and cover.
- Allow to cook for approximately 20 to 25 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Warm the infused sunflower oil or olive oil in a large saucepan over low/medium heat and add the diced onions, garlic, and ginger herbs and the spices and stir.
- Finally, add the sweet potato and cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked through, blend all the ingredients together in a blender.
- If using a regular blender, return the soup to the original saucepan to reheat on low.
- Add milk, and stir well.
- Add salt to taste and top with chopped walnuts.