Lavender, Melaleuca, and Cannabis Infused Body Butter
Although a good water-drinking habit is the first thing I’d recommend to address dryness, this supersoft, skin-pampering, infused body butter recipe can help soothe dry or mildly irritated skin.
It’s nice to enjoy moisturized, healthier skin, but sometimes we need a little help getting there. The butter and oils used in this recipe are sure to soothe your skin and leave it feeling soft.
The best part is, you can make it as a simple recipe, or customize your infused body butter with any essential oils of your choice.
For this recipe, we’ll use infused coconut oil, along with lavender and tea tree essential oils for extra benefits.
Before You Begin
Before you begin: If you are infusing your recipe, you’ll need to decide if you want to use hemp flower for more CBD effects or cannabis flower for more THC effects during decarboxylation.
No worries, as in all infused recipes, you can use either of them or a bit of both if it suits you!
A Note On Decarboxylation
Although raw cannabinoids have their own valuable medicinal qualities, without decarbing the flower or plant material for the infusion, cannabinoids (like THCA, and CBDA) will likely remain in their inactive acid states.
When infusing recipes, you may want to take the extra step of decarboxylation first, especially if you want the activated form of CBD or (the psychoactive effects) of your THC meds to be present.
Note: You can skip the decarboxylation process if you only want the raw cannabinoid benefits without THC/CBD activation.
Supersoft Infused Body Butter Recipe
We’re using the cleansing power of melaleuca, or tea tree oil, and the soothing properties of lavender essential oil to complement this infused body butter recipe.
- ½ cup shea butter
- ½ cup cocoa butter
- ½ cup cannabis-infused coconut oil
- ½ cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 10 drops Melaleuca essential oil (optional)
(Melaleuca or Tea Tree oil may be helpful to cleanse impurities and reduce itching)
- 15 drops Lavender essential oil (optional)
(Lavender oil may be helpful to soothe irritated skin and help even tone)
*These measurements are only a suggested guide. Please customize any recipe to suit your personal needs or to accommodate any allergies.
How To Prepare:
- Measure and place the butters, infused coconut oil, and fractionated coconut oil into a glass jar.
- Fill a large skillet/saucepan with 1 inch of water and bring to a soft boil.
- Add the glass jar to the saucepan (to melt the ingredients).
- Stir every few minutes until melted. (10–15 minutes)
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5–10 minutes to cool slightly, then carefully pour into a glass or high-grade stainless steel bowl.
- Add desired essential oils if you like, stir, and set in the refrigerator to cool.
- Once chilled, remove from refrigerator and mix with a hand mixer (on low and then slowly turn the speed up higher) until the lotion becomes light and fluffy (3–5 minutes).
- Scoop and store the mixture back into your glass jar and seal it with a lid. Store in the refrigerator or another cool place.
Other Pages To Visit:
Explore Infused Recipes
For Cannabis Patients:
Interested in better nutrition, but specifically looking for canna-infused meals? Try out some of the recipes in the Cannabis-Infused Recipes section of our blog!
Other Websites To Visit:
Pure Essential Oils For Your Self-care Recipes
A Trusted Source For Purity:
Offering natural solutions for you and your loved ones with doTERRA essential oil products.
This link will take you to my essential oil profile if you’d like to purchase from doTERRA. Shop Here!