Making Cannabis Flour for Cooking/Baking
Cannabis flour is a game changer for cooking and baking edible dishes.
Just think of all the wonderfully medicated pancakes and baked goods that you can make with infused flour and your tasty imagination.
Before You Begin
Before you begin: If you are infusing your recipe, you’ll need to decide if you want to use hemp flower for more CBD effects or cannabis flower for more THC effects during decarboxylation.
No worries, as in all infused recipes, you can use either of them or a bit of both if it suits you!
A Note On Decarboxylation
Although raw cannabinoids have their own valuable medicinal qualities, without decarbing the flower or plant material for the infusion, cannabinoids (like THCA, and CBDA) will likely remain in their inactive acid states.
When infusing recipes, you may want to take the extra step of decarboxylation first, especially if you want the activated form of CBD or (the psychoactive effects) of your THC meds to be present.
Note: You can skip the decarboxylation process if you only want the raw cannabinoid benefits without THC/CBD activation.
- 1 oz of finely ground and decarbed hemp or cannabis flower
*Make sure to use dry bud. Any remaining moisture can cause mold during storage.
- 2 cups of your choice of flour
For Those Following Ayurveda: If you are choosing a flour to pacify dosha imbalance, here are some recommendations:
- To satisfy Vata or Pitta Dosha try oat, rice, or wheat flour for your recipe.
- To satisfy Kapha Dosha try corn or buckwheat flour for your recipe.
*These measurements are only a suggested guide. Please customize any recipe to use more or less to suit your personal medicinal needs.
How To Prepare:
- Add your decarbed hemp or cannabis flower to a food processor or coffee grinder, and grind it to a fine powder.
- Add your choice of flour to the food processor or coffee grinder, and blend until evenly mixed.
- Sift the mixture through a sifter or mesh strainer to remove any large clumps or stems.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container for up to three months.