How To Get Your MMJ Card In Pa
Do you need to know how to get your MMJ card in Pa? Pennsylvania’s medical marijuana program provides patients access to state-run cannabis dispensaries, but it’s only for those with specific medical conditions.
What Are The Qualifying Medical Conditions?
To qualify for a physician’s certification, you must have a “serious medical condition”.
By Pa state law, this list of conditions includes:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Anxiety disorders
- Cancer, including remission therapy
- Crohn’s disease
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the central nervous system (brain-spinal cord) with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity, and other associated neuropathies
- Dyskinetic and spastic movement disorders
- HIV / AIDS
- Huntington’s disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Intractable seizures
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Opioid use disorder for which conventional therapeutic interventions are contraindicated or ineffective, or for which adjunctive therapy is indicated in combination with primary therapeutic interventions
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain
- Sickle cell anemia
- Terminal illness
- Tourette syndrome
What If I Think I’m Eligible?
If you believe you may be eligible due to your serious medical condition, you will need to visit the state website to register, and also find a doctor approved to participate in the program. The approved doctor will be able to certify that you are eligible for medical cannabis.
*Keep in mind, this doctor’s visit may not be covered by insurance and you may have to pay out-of-pocket.
There are four steps to participate in the program:
- Register on the state website
- See an approved practitioner to get certified
- Pay for your medical marijuana ID card
- Visit a Pennsylvania dispensary with your medical marijuana ID card
There is a full and detailed guide on the process on the state website.
Other Pages To Visit:
Explore Infused Recipes
For Cannabis Patients:
Interested in better nutrition, but specifically looking for canna-infused meals? Try out some of the recipes in the Cannabis-Infused Recipes section of our blog!
Other Websites To Visit:
Pure Essential Oils For Your Self-care Recipes
A Trusted Source For Purity:
Offering natural solutions for you and your loved ones with doTERRA essential oil products.
This link will take you to my essential oil profile if you’d like to purchase from doTERRA. Shop Here!