Cannabis or Hemp Infused Honey
For patients, cannabis or hemp-infused honey can be used as an amazing alternative to canna sugar. It’s an enjoyable way to medicate using a healthier sweetener too!
In its natural state, honey naturally offers dietary antioxidants, antibacterial action, and anti-inflammatory effects when taken internally.
It also offers wound-healing effects when used topically.
Before You Begin
Before you begin: If you are infusing your recipe, you’ll need to decide if you want to use hemp flower for more CBD effects or cannabis flower for more THC effects during decarboxylation.
No worries, as in all infused recipes, you can use either of them or a bit of both if it suits you!
A Note On Decarboxylation
Although raw cannabinoids have their own valuable medicinal qualities, without decarbing the flower or plant material for the infusion, cannabinoids (like THCA, and CBDA) will likely remain in their inactive acid states.
When infusing recipes, you may want to take the extra step of decarboxylation first, especially if you want the activated form of CBD or (the psychoactive effects) of your THC meds to be present.
Note: You can skip the decarboxylation process if you only want the raw cannabinoid benefits without THC/CBD activation.
Vitamins and Minerals Found In Small Amounts Inside Natural Honey:
- pantothenic acid
LIFTED CBD Sports Cream
NEW – Rapid Recovery Formula!
- Recover Tired Overworked Muscle Quickly
- Support for Pre-workout /Post-workout
- On The Spot Topical Relief
- Deep Tissue Penetration For Fast Results
Plant-Powered | Vegan and Cruelty-Free!
Two Ways to Prepare an Easy Infused Honey Recipe
- 2 cups raw organic honey
- 14g-1oz ground decarboxylated cannabis
- 1 half – 1 teaspoon of liquid lecithin (used as an optional emulsifier)
*These measurements are only a suggested guide. Please customize any recipe to use more or less to suit your personal medicinal needs.
How To Prepare:
Here are two different ways to prepare your infused honey.
1: Concentrate, Flower, or Kief – not strained
In this method, the honey just gently warmed to make it easy to stir.
- Simmer water in a large pot.
- Place an empty glass or metal bowl on top of the hot water to warm the bowl.
- Once the bowl is hot, add the decarbed flower, keif, or concentrate, along with the honey, and the lecithin (optional) to the bowl.
- Warm ingredients in the bowl just long enough to be able to whisk them well.
- Pour infused honey into a glass jar and seal it.
*Keep honey refrigerated between use due to the plant material inside.
2: Flower – Strained before storage
- Gently simmer water in a large pot.
- Place the honey and decarbed hemp or cannabis flower into a glass or metal bowl, on top of the water in the pot.
* or use a jar placed inside the pot (watch the water level outside the jar).
- Simmer for 3-4 hrs, refilling water as necessary.
- Add the lecithin to the mixture and whisk. (optional)
- Allow to cool and strain the honey into a glass jar through the cheesecloth & seal with a lid.
- Store at room temperature away from direct light and heat.
*Soak the cheesecloth in warm water to make bedtime tea.
For Patients Following Ayurveda:
If you are a cannabis patient following an Ayurvedic diet, you may prefer to choose the first method. That’s because through the lens of Ayurveda, when honey is heated it begins to ferment and creates toxins.
These subtle toxins are believed to create ama (undigested metabolic waste) in the digestive tract – thus creating a remedy that would cause harm to the system.
However, when prepared properly, honey can be calming and healing for Kapha and Vata doshas, although it can aggravate Pitta when used in excess.
Suggested Serving: Use a teaspoon at a time, up to a tablespoon a day, for Kapha and Vata, and much less for Pitta dosha.
Other Pages To Visit:
Explore Infused Recipes
For Cannabis Patients:
Interested in better nutrition, but specifically looking for canna-infused meals? Try out some of the recipes in the Cannabis-Infused Recipes section of our blog!
Other Websites To Visit:
Pure Essential Oils For Your Self-care Recipes
A Trusted Source For Purity:
Offering natural solutions for you and your loved ones with doTERRA essential oil products.
This link will take you to my essential oil profile if you’d like to purchase from doTERRA. Shop Here!